- See your Health Care provider regularly….even if you feel great. See your provider at least once a year.
- Eat a Rainbow…eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Go for deep colors…dark green spinach or kale, bright oranges like carrots, cantaloupes which are extra yummy, deep red beets, yellow peppers.
- Get screened! For colorectal cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Be determined to be your own advocate for your health! Ask the hard questions, insist on proper treatment. Know your body. When something hurts, tell someone who can diagnose and help.
- Exercise your brain!!! Join a book or discussion club (when was the last time you perused the books at Barnes & Noble?). Do word puzzles or jigsaw puzzles. Read a book, from cover to cover.
- Drink lots of water every day. I recently bought an infused water bottle from Amazon. I cut up fresh strawberries and put them in the specially designed infused water bottle and my water tastes so much better…like it’s not a chore.
You can find more tips on HealthyAging.org